For the same price of a 6-count box of microwave popcorn, you can buy a big bag of popcorn kernels that will last you a month. It is so easy to make popcorn the old fashioned way and it tastes so much better than microwaved popcorn.
These instructions were written by my 15 year old son, who has been making healthy popcorn snacks for years.
To make healthy popcorn snacks on the stove-top;
1. Get a small pot and pour a layer of popcorn about one kernel thick on the bottom
2. Pour a small amount of corn/canola oil onto the popcorn, and stir. You need just enough to wet the kernels.
3. Put a lid on the pot and turn the heat on high.
4. Pops in about 2 minutes, shake occasionaly to keep from burning/sticking
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
If your child is too young to use a stove, he/she can make healthy popcorn snacks in a microwave;
1. Pour about 1 tablespoon of popcorn kernels into a paper lunch sack
2. Fold the mouth of the sack down to the bottom, then put in the microwave
3. Set for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave
Stop the microwave when the popping slows to once every second or two.